CURVE REWARDS AND CURVE CASH SCHEME TERMS
Version: 1 - 31 May 2022
What are these Curve Rewards and Curve Cash Scheme Terms?
1. These Curve Rewards and Curve Cash Scheme Terms (“Supplemental Terms”) will apply when you access Curve Rewards and Curve Cash, which are two separate cashback-based offers which we make available to you from time to time.
2. Whilst Curve Rewards and Curve Cash are both cashback-based offers, they are subject to different conditions and are rewarded to you in different ways. You should familiarise yourself with these differences, described below.
3. These terms should be read together with our UK Terms of Service (or Curve’s Samsung Pay+ Terms, if you’re a Samsung Pay+ user) if you’re a UK resident or the EEA Terms of Service if you’re an EEA resident, and any documents mentioned in those terms. Those terms, together with these Supplemental Terms form a single legal agreement between you and Curve. If there is any inconsistency between the UK Terms of Service (or Curve’s Samsung Pay+ Terms, if you’re a Samsung Pay+ user) if you’re a UK resident, or between the EEA Terms of Service if you’re an EEA resident, and these Supplemental Terms, these Supplemental Terms will apply.
4. If you have any questions about these Supplemental Terms or anything at all, just drop our friendly customer support team a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via the Curve app.
What are Curve Rewards?
5. Curve Rewards lets you earn cashback on eligible purchases on your Curve card (or Samsung Pay+ if you are a Samsung Pay+ user) on offers we make available to you in the Curve app from time to time.
6. You have to pre-select these offers, which may be time-limited, and can be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice and even before they expire. Therefore, if you want to be sure you will receive cashback on a purchase, you should check it in the app before you make the purchase.
7. Curve Reward offers are individual and each one will specify the terms applicable to it, including generally any period of validity, the cashback available, the conditions you must comply with to get the cashback, and any other rules. Curve Reward offers can be claimed only as specified in the offer. Typically, offers can only be redeemed once. If offers can be redeemed multiple times, the offer will specify this. For offers requiring an activation, the offer will be redeemed the next time you make a transaction on your Curve card that meets the terms of the offer.
8. Curve does not guarantee that Curve Rewards offers will be available at any given time.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, Curve Rewards are only available when you use your Curve card (or Samsung Pay+ if you are a Samsung Pay+ user) to make the relevant purchase.
How will you receive Curve Rewards and what does this mean?
10. With Curve Rewards, you’ll receive your cashback as e-money, which is an electronic alternative to cash that can be used to pay for goods and services, in store or online. Because Curve Rewards are held as e-money, they are safeguarded as required by UK law.
11. Curve Rewards cashback is generally paid to your Curve Cash card within 21 days of the date you satisfy any terms of the relevant offer. If you do not receive your Curve Rewards cashback or Curve Cash Points within 90 days, please contact our support team at email@example.com or in the Curve app.
What is Curve Cash?
12. Curve Cash lets you earn cashback in the form of points for using your Curve card (or Samsung Pay+ if you are a Samsung Pay+ user). Curve Cash will be awarded in the following circumstances:
12.1. Curve Black cardholders can choose 3 retailers from the list at the end of these Supplemental Terms to earn Curve Cash Points from, for the whole duration of their subscription. If you are a Curve Black cardholder, you will earn 1% instant cashback every time you spend with Curve at your chosen retailers.
12.2. Curve Metal cardholders can choose 6 retailers from the list at the end of these Supplemental Terms to earn Curve Cash Points from, for the whole duration of their subscription. If you are a Curve Metal cardholder, you will earn 1% instant cashback every time you spend with Curve at your chosen retailers.
12.3. Samsung Pay+ cardholders will get 5% cashback on Samsung.com purchases.
12.4. We may make additional one-off promotions available to you from time to time, which will be given to you in Curve Cash Points. These one-off promotions will be governed by their own terms, which can be found on our website.
12.5. We may make additional Curve Cash offers available to Curve cardholders (or Samsung Pay+ if you are a Samsung Pay+ user) in the Curve app from time to time. Like Curve Rewards, these offers will specify the terms applicable to them, including generally any period of validity, the cashback available, the conditions you must comply with to get the cashback, and any other rules. They may be time-limited, and can be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice and even before they expire. Unlike Curve Rewards, you will not need to pre-select these additional offers.
13. In the circumstances outlined in 12.1 - 12.4 above, Curve funds the Curve Cash programme, and any retailer selections are made by Curve and we are not affiliated nor do we have agreements with any of the merchants listed.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, Curve Cash is only available when you use your Curve card (or Samsung Pay+ if you are a Samsung Pay+ user) to make the relevant purchase.
How will you receive Curve Cash and what does this mean?
15. You’ll receive Curve Cash Points, which have no cash value and are not deemed to be e-money or any other equivalent of a fiat currency, which means that you cannot use Curve Cash Points to withdraw cash or otherwise redeem them for cash. But, when you use your Curve Cash card to spend your Curve Cash Points, Curve will convert your Curve Cash Points to e-money (our little gift to you!) to the value of the transaction. When Curve Cash Points are spent on the Curve card, 1 Curve Cash Point is equivalent to 1 pence (GBP) – so, 100 Points = £1.
16. Curve Cash Points are generally paid to your Curve Cash card within 5 business days of the date you satisfy any terms of the relevant offer (however, some offers may specify shorter or longer periods). If you do not receive your Curve Rewards cashback or Curve Cash Points within 90 days, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Curve app.
Curve Cash card
17. Both the Curve Rewards that offer cashback, and Curve Cash Points, will be paid into your Curve Cash card, which is visible in the Curve app.
18. Please note that the amount of the Curve Rewards cashback, and Curve Cash Points, you receive on your Curve Cash card may be less than the amount calculated at the time of the transaction if there is any later change to the transaction amount. For example, if you receive a partial refund of the transaction amount.
19. The funds on your Curve Cash card will then be available to you to spend when you select the Curve Cash card as a funding source for your Curve card. You will still be charged any fees that may apply to a transaction when Curve Rewards or Curve Cash Points are used. If there are insufficient funds on your Curve Cash card, the transaction will be declined.
20. Please note that if your Curve Cash card holds both Curve Rewards and Curve Cash Points then the Curve Rewards will be used first, and your Curve Cash Points will only be converted to e-money and used when there are no other or insufficient other funds to complete a transaction.
21. You won’t receive Curve Rewards or Curve Cash on purchases paid for using your Curve Cash card.
22. We can temporarily or permanently suspend your access to Curve Rewards and Curve Cash if we reasonably believe that you are abusing these programmes, your use of the Curve Cash card, or attempting to earn cashback by fraudulent, illegal, or improper means. You will not be paid Curve Rewards and Curve Cash that we reasonably believe were obtained by such means.
23. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme does not apply to either the Curve Rewards or Curve Cash held on your Curve Cash card. Please note that you cannot use your Curve Cash card to withdraw cash and it cannot be used by you to pay any fees to Curve. If you want to withdraw funds from your Curve Cash card, you can get in touch with us.
24. You should be aware that the Curve Rewards and Curve Cash Points on your Curve Cash card expire 6 months from the date they are added to your Curve Cash card. If your Account is closed either by you or by Curve, you will not be able to redeem the value of your Curve Cash Points.
25. We can’t pay you Curve Rewards or Curve Cash Points cashback if your Curve account is closed. Therefore, if you earn cashback on a Curve Rewards offer, or Curve Cash Points, and you wish to close your account before these are paid onto Curve Cash card, we may suspend your account until such time as the cashback is paid and then close your account in accordance with your closure request. You would not be charged any subscription fees, if applicable, during the period of suspension for this purpose. This ensures you receive any Curve Rewards, or Curve Cash Points, you have earned.
Changes to these Supplemental Terms
26. Because these Supplemental Terms will continue until you or we end them, we may need to change them every now and then. If we make changes that are simply clarificatory, or clearly in your favour, we’ll tell you once we’ve made them. Otherwise, we’ll give you 30 days’ notice. We’ll assume you’re happy with the changes unless you tell us otherwise.
27. There may be circumstances, outside of our control, where Curve is required to change the eligible retailers and/or the value of the cashback under the Curve Rewards and Curve Cash programmes, but is not able to give you 30 days’ notice. In these circumstances, you will have 30 days from when the change takes effect to cancel your account free of charge.
28. Any changes to these Supplemental Terms will not imply a change in either our UK, EEA, or Terms of Service.
29. We may revoke, suspend, or terminate the Curve Rewards and Curve Cash programmes on 30 days’ notice to you.
Eligible Curve Cash retailers for Black and Metal cardholders
30. At the time version 1 of these Terms was published, Curve Black and Curve Metal cardholders choosing from retailers to earn Curve Cash Points from, as described in 12.1 and 12.2 above, can earn Curve Cash Points by making transactions at the following retailers:
Marks & Spencer
El Corte Inglés
House of Fraser
The White Company
Food & Drink
Papa John's Pizza
Pret A Manger
Four Seasons Hotels
Wyevale Garden Centres
You can find the list of pre-selected retailers available for older cashback schemes here.